Double checking on ordering right piston.

Courtney Gubler

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Okay guys I checked with my mechanic and he told me that my cylinder was going bore out to 75.5 , I need to order a +50 piston and then he can fit it. I just want to make sure that's the right size to order. I don't know if my wordage is correct. Hopefully you guys can give me the go ahead.

If he knows what he's doin', fine, go ahead. Otherwise, post up the cylinder measurements, and reason for boring, including pic if necessary...

Okay guys I checked with my mechanic and he told me that my cylinder was going bore out to 75.5 , I need to order a +50 piston and then he can fit it. I just want to make sure that's the right size to order. I don't know if my wordage is correct. Hopefully you guys can give me the go ahead.

Only the person doing the actual measuring and machining can tell you what pistons to order. The final machining/honing cannot be done until the machinist has the pistons in his hands, so he can measure the pistons.

You don't want dudes on the internet, making decisions about precise fitting of pistons/cylinders. They have not seen the cylinders;they don't know if the measurements were made correctly, with correct measuring tools.

I recently installed the second oversize set of pistons (+.5mm) off ebay Cruzinimage. One new piston measured 2.9710" and the other measured 2.9712".

You will need to know the current bore dimensions so that you can positively buy oversize pistons big enough for boring one more time time to match up properly with the new pistons.

Maybe the +.50 piston set will work but somebody will have to do the math. Your machinist saying he has bored or will bore to 75.5 is kind of a round number.

XStretchified

Back