Dual sport advice.

Sherwin- different manufacturers have different seat heights. Try a few different models. Every company has one in the lineup.

I was actually debating the same thing a while back after I stumbled on this video:

I was debating getting one of these Streetmaster frames for a Scrambler
http://www.streetmaster.net/socal-speedshop.html
+
One of these 1200cc big bore kits
Bonneville Performance

Wonder how much weight difference between one of those customs and a stock Scrambler? My other bike is a Scrambler, Its a great gravel road and street bike but a bit of pig offroad. I think it tips the scale at hair over 500 Lbs.

I would like to weigh my XS sometime. I stripped some weight of it when converting it to a dual sport. It feels like a 400 Lb bike, I wouldnt mind dropping another 50Lbs or so.

ive owned 3 dual sports. a 79 honda xl250s.i cant say enuf good about that bike,totally reliable, kik starts very easy, runs with no or dead battery. needs battery for signals and stuff to work tho.rode it for years and sold it for what i gave for it with little parts investment.for years when it got cold in the fall id just roll it in the barn and leave it till spring.in spring 3 or 4 kiks and it was running perfect again.loved that bike. easy 60 mph on the street and very good for woods rideing.

a yam xt225.decent bike but no kicker, dead battery and you were out of bizness.hard starting too till i did sum carb mods.decent on the hiway but very buzzy over 45 mph.give yu the monkey butt on a 20 mile ride.very nice for woods and trails, not awesum power but light and good handleing.a very proven engine also.

a yam xt600. again no kiker but a totally reliable bike.still have it.its big and prob a better street bike than a trail bike simply becuz of its heft.but still very capable in rough country if your strong enuf to manhandle it.very powerfull and plenty of torque. will easily cruze 70 all day long.its really my pik for a all around dual sport but i ride more street than trails.

i would have to agree with some posters that a 400cc bike would be a better comprimise overall.

Back