Dual Sport Tires

Lester

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
Hey Guys...

Anybody here run Kenda K761 Dual Sport Rear Tire 100/90-19"

If so how do you like them.... and so on

I have a shinko copy of that tire on my 83 heritage. Might work good with a little help from a grooving iron! I got two from jc Whitney delivered for about $100.00! Bargain. How much dirt are you going to do?

I just installed a 110/80/18 on the rear of my XS2. I'll try and remember to post pictures later tonight or this weekend.

I haven't even taken it around the block yet, much less gone on a dirt adventure.

I woun't be doing daily long runs on dirt but there will be short ones and occasional longer ones.... looking at 20-40% dirt dula sport tires.... and particularly 19" rear. I would like to run stock front mag in the back.

Been looking at the same tires, would you be running a rear in the front?! I am going to be running dual 19s and the front tire only comes in 16 or 21. Reviews online seem good but would like some more input from the forum of course!

I plan on running 19" mags from and back, I think the Kendas fit the bill BUT Avon Distanzia are nice too... I may run one in the back, I havn't desided yet.

Also check out the Shinko 705, they have a 110/80-19 for around $50. I've been using these tires on my dual sports for several years now and believe them to be the best bang for the buck out there.
Question, if you use a front tire in the rear do you still run the directional arrows as stamped on the tire or do you run it backwards?

I just put a Shinko 705 on the front but I dont have any miles on it yet. Seems like a good tire for the money ( $56 shipped ) .

100_1409.jpg

Yep, I know my garage is a mess. Its been a long winter.

Back