electrical confusion

walterpunk

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
trying to follow some threads on electrical issues has made me realize how clueless i am about everything electrical. So i was wondering if any of you guys know of any good sources i can use to help me understand. books, magazines, sites...anything really.

Know what youtube is? They have some great videos. I would say get a manual and read it. Learn what the parts are and search posts on here about certain parts. There is also a set of dvd's for sale. Not to take away from this site, but go to 650motorcycles.com and look at their electrical section. The set is on there by Ken Maxwell. It's all about the 650.

take a + wire and a - wire from a battery....if you touch them together what do you have? extremely high amperage or "short circuit". Take the same 2 wires and put the + on one side of a light bulb (acting as a resistance, same thing as a resistor) and the - to the other side. Now you get a basic circuit. :thumbsup::laugh:

don't really short anything out.

Hey blue..........yeah I haven't been reading the posts here on the site recently. I'll try to be more active:shrug:.

No don't confuse me for an officer.................I was an enlisted guy in the air force (RCAF)...........that's where I first learned about electronics.

Back