Sold / Found / Inactive - Elephant Foot Adjustor & Rocker Arms

DirtyErnie

Renaissance Hick
Reaction score
I'd like to do this mod to my bike, but no time and not handy enough to mod the rockers.
Could send you my rockers or have an eBay set delivered.
will pay money or something.

PM me, lemme know terms.

Thanks!
Ern

You may want to read up on those. I've seen some threads where that style has blown apart inside the rocker causing quite a mess. Not sure if it's that one exactly.

I've never heard about the rocker breaking, it's the "ball" that falls out.....most of the time. Porshe 911 seems to be the most reliable. CB Performance is good stuff. I forget what brand mine are. No problems.

I used the CB performance ones as well. They send you 8 in a package, so you've got spares if you make a mistake. It really wasn't that time consuming of a mod to do, Dremel with a cone bit and a cut off wheel. The part that took the longest was recutting the groove at the right depth and width to adjust the height.

Ones for a Classic Air Cooled VW Beetle. Or a Porsche 911 boxer motor...They are not listed by size, but what they are for.

I had a little difficulty finding someone that had them in stock when I got mine last year. Pierside Parts had them in stock (CB Performance)
Package of 8 ran about $35 + $12 s&h.
Part# CB1518 Elephant Feet - 8mm
www.piersideparts.net
cb adjusters.jpg

I don't have a engine in front of me right now.....If the rocker arm shaft is removed, can the arm be removed? Then one could do the mod without disassembly.

There is the slide-hammer method to pull the shafts out the side and get the rockers out. Guess I'm really looking to stay simpler than that.

You cannot just directly replace the stock adjuster for the elephant feet. The arms must be modified to accept the deeper head of the elephant foot adjuster. It's an easy mod made with just a cone shaped grinder in a dremel.

Back