Elswick

i can't speak to the hardtail service, but i had a great experience on my last order from Elswick. Ordered an electrics box and requested one without the faux oil filler bung. site said 2-4 weeks for delivery. it was in the mail within 2 days and at my door in NYC from CA in 2 more. Thumbs up all around on this one.

I ordered a hardtail from Robert on the 16th of march and was told a five week delivery time. I received a email from Robert on the 29th of may saying he planned on having it shipped that week. Grant it i did change the specs on my order since he hadnt started on it. Ive tried multiple times since to call him and email him without any response at all. Its now the 17th of Aug and has been five months instead of five weeks. Im usually not one to get on a forum and blast someones business but i feel ive gave him more than enough time to at least explain whats going on

I just realized I didn't get a wheel spacer that I see coming on other peoples frames?

Sounds a bit like what happened to me..... Months on end with no communication

Maybe I am the lucky one. I ordered my hardtail with custom measurements. I placed the order July 13th, 2011, we emailed a couple times back and forth, I got an email on August 11th (Thursday) saying it was ready for shipping. So it was one day over, which I am totally fine with. I paid the shipping and it arrived two days later on Saturday the 14th.

I was more than pleased with the tail, great workmanship and detail. I would buy from him again. I heard good work and was expecting a loooooong build but thought the quality would be worth it. However, he delivered as promised.

One thing I did notice is he would ALWAYS email me within one day but it would NEVER show up in my inbox. However when I searched for the email I would see his response. I am with Gmail and that is the first time that has happened but its happened with all his. So perhaps do a search in your inbox to see if his replies are there.

See this is my issue. I dont mind waiting for quality and i feel ive been more than patient, which ive heard Elswicks are definatly quality. But when theres absolutely no communication for months and it seems Robert is ignoring my emails and phone calls this isnt the way to run a business. Especially when two people have posted they ordered well after me and have already received there tails.

Ok, I had to cut abt half an inch off my top rails to get the backbone plug to sit centered on the lower crossbar. I also had to grind the angle on the backbone plug so that it was at a shallower angle to get it to sit flat on the lower crossbar. I forgot to take pics of this, sorry.

Since I had to cut the top rails shorter, the space between them was wider than before and they are a touch wider than the backbone now, if this doesn't make sense maybe the pics will help. Also, I expected the plugs in the lower rails to fit snug but they do not, abt a 1/16th gap when pushed to one side.

All in all, had to do some modification to get the tail to fit well but I'd say it was worth it for the best looking hardtail out there.

Top rails now sit a bit wider than the backbone
photo13.jpg

photo12.jpg

The gap around the plugs in the lower rails
mybike23.jpg

Now I just have to weld it out and the hardtail process will be complete!
mybike25.jpg

So my bike is starting to come together... Finally. How does the factory hub fit, spacing-wise in the frame? I'll be using the supplied spacer that came w the hardtail.

Back