Engine Mount Jig

AussieHard

AussieHardTail
Reaction score
I don't have access to my bike at the moment and I was wondering if someone can help me out with the positioning of the engine mounts.

I want to make up a jig that sits inside the frame and attaches to all the mounts.

Front, Back, Bottom and top. If anyone can provide a quick sketch with some dims be much appreciated.

I don't have access to my bike at the moment and I was wondering if someone can help me out with the positioning of the engine mounts.

I want to make up a jig that sits inside the frame and attaches to all the mounts.

Front, Back, Bottom and top. If anyone can provide a quick sketch with some dims be much appreciated.

John:

If you weren't a world away, I'd be happy to send you mine. I actually welded in-place before I started the frame modifications. Came off the bike in one piece when all was complete. Worked like a charm. Motor went back in with no issues.

You can see it in this photo.

full

Rich

A jig prevents any possible damage to the engine, from cutting & welding. Also allows you to work on the engine at same time as the frame. Helpful when waiting on parts or services.

Back