engine number

riv

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
hi folks . can any one tell me for sure what model engine I have . engine number is 3l1684.
by the way this site is full of great info you might get sick of me , planning to split my engine at some point but I have never done it before I have only ever bolted stuff on and simple tasks so be warned lol . first number is off log book number on block is 3L1000684

Last edited:
Think you've missed the prefix numbers off there should be some some numbers and maybe a letter or two before these numbers

Attachments

• 20190928_144649.jpg
    20190928_144649.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 107
From the factory the engine number and the frame number matched. They may not now. Not a problem. Just as long as you know what you have.
Yours is a 447 series engine. so most any part from 74 up is an easy swap.
Leo

You need to look over that front brake, wheel, caliper, rotor combination carefully, theoretically that (72-76) rotor cannot be used with the 79? caliper, fork you have. It has the wrong offset to work there. The face of the rotor may be evidence of centering problems.

You need to look over that front brake, wheel, caliper, rotor combination carefully, theoretically that (72-76) rotor cannot be used with the 79? caliper, fork you have. It has the wrong offset to work there. The face of the rotor may be evidence of centering problems.
ok gary will look over all brakes before test ridin thanks for the heads up

Look closer Gary, I don't think that's a Yamaha disc or caliper. Similar looking but not the same. The whole front wheel could be off some other brand bike.

Back