engraving on engine cases?

lowliferat

certified hack
Reaction score
so i have finally gotten ahold of a set of engine cases and i want to do some engraving on them , anyone done any of this before? any ideas of something cool to do design wise? i have seen a video on knucklebuster labled bad ass engraving , and saw a few designs like these. any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Godknuckle1.jpg
    Godknuckle1.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 291
Are you an artist? I look at engraving alot like how I look at tattooing... you only have one shot to get it perfect, though you can kinda fix minor mistakes. Also, bikes with engraved cases tend to be very old school in design to go with the treatment... it would be tough to come up with a design that would look good on a modern styled bike. That said, the inspiration kind of needs to come from within or be inspired by the bike itself IMO.

^^^those examples you posted are gorgeous but would look completely out of place if the pipes/controls/seat/paint aren't all tied into them.

yes, im an artist. i know what you are saying about old school with a theme, i just thought it would be cool to do with input like a build does up here. if they dont fit on my sled , then i will hang em up on the wall for the visual. this is just a learning experiance in another medium for my artistic grab bag of skills. they only cost me 80 bucks shipped and it will be a fun project to do.

Old school...not necessarily. CHeck out the engraved seat that lowbrow customs posted a while back on their site. Looked like a Japanese tatoo. Would look totally badass on an xs...especially that visual impact xs with the Japanese inspired paint job.

yes, im an artist. i know what you are saying about old school with a theme, i just thought it would be cool to do with input like a build does up here. if they dont fit on my sled , then i will hang em up on the wall for the visual. this is just a learning experiance in another medium for my artistic grab bag of skills. they only cost me 80 bucks shipped and it will be a fun project to do.

WWW.steeltattoos.net I Love this man's work. He's done a gas cap for me and I'm way 110% with the job done.

We will be doing buisness with him again for sure.

Old school...not necessarily. CHeck out the engraved seat that lowbrow customs posted a while back on their site. Looked like a Japanese tatoo. Would look totally badass on an xs...especially that visual impact xs with the Japanese inspired paint job.

that sounds cool. Just geometric patterns could be really tight as well

wow! them pics were bad ass! now thta is inspirational ..
pov76.....an pics or tips? im still in the design stage now ... so im still looking for inspiration...

This is the only pic I have, an oil cap I did for my bike like five years ago. I did a bunch of other stuff on my bike. I also used it to make texture and make things look aged. I used the new school method of dremels and engravers, not the old school gravers. It all came out OK, I never really kept at it to really get used to how the tools felt removing metal.
9l.jpg

Back