Exhaust/Peg bolt size?

figure8

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
What size are the bolts where the exhaust attaches to the frame, or in another scenario where people sometimes run after market pegs. Those two brackets underneath the left and right lower engine covers. Thanks in advance.

They are an M10 but it's a fine thread (1.25mm pitch).

Funny, I just went to the hardware store today to buy one that was missing--confirm on the 10mm x 1.25 but the hardware store had one w/ head that takes a 14mm socket but I believe the stock bolt takes a 12mm.

You are right it's a special bolt with a small head, like hens teeth if one's missing.
An allen head is probably your best bet replacement, you have a Fastenal nearby?

Yes, it's rather odd and special. The head is smaller and it has a washer built onto the bottom of it, part of the bolt head not separate.

I ended up using the 10mm x 1.25 the hardware store had which I believe is just a hair longer and requires 14mm socket to tighten as opposed to a 12mm one for stock. I put a washer on it and it tightened down nice and firm. Anyone who notices the difference between the two is waayyy too close to my bike! Got bigger fish to fry now...looks like my push rod seal is leaking some oil.

Back