Extending front forks

geoholl

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I picked up some +8 fork tubes on Ebay to add to this bike, does anyone here know where I can get brake hose that's 8" over the stock size? Also wondering about oil, I will be using spacers for the additional 8", will I just need the normal amount of oil?

Geo

Attachments

• DSCN2664.JPG
    DSCN2664.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 282
- i had some made in thin profile and stainless braided...look good, dont expand anywhere near so much and made to exact length...any hydraulic shop should be able to do this

Hey geo, did you sort out the oil level question? My forks are 5" over and i was just scratching my head about this when i decided to look here. My braided hose is the correct size so it's only the 'oil in fork' amount that i need guidance on.
Cheers,
hopefully-back-out-on-his-bike-soon Smiffy

- as far as i am aware, oil/air height, over and above original, plays no roll basically in valving...Race Tech cartridge emulators, Intimators, etc are available if you want to change fork characteristics

Many years ago I put 8" over tubes and drag bars on a Triumph and I looked like a praying mantis going down the road :laugh:. I found out later if you rake the neck 1" and go with 10" over tubes the bike will sit level and look good too:thumbsup:. I'm not sure how high the XS650 will sit with 8" over but it might be something to consider unless you are going for the mantis look...... BG

did you ever get a brake hose? If not, and you are talking about the hose that takes the banjo bolts I have one that came in a set "high bar cables". For some reason I didnt need it. I just needed the throttle and clutch cables.

You're going to put 8 overs on a bike with the stock rake? Stock is 2 under, so you have an additional 10 inches, unless it specifically mentioned that they were 8 over the XS650 stock length.

Back