Fab tips, How-To's, New Products, etc...

Punkskalar

Hugh's HandBuilt
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been trying to get some content up on the Blog for garage builders (which is 99% of use here :thumbsup:)

I want to start doing a few tech articles for this site specifically, especially when it comes to XS650 specific mods and tech. I have done some fabrication tech (Flipping the tail of a flat trailer fender, XS650 Permanent Magnet Swaps, how to install bungs, how to clean up a universal gas tank, etc..)

What kind of stuff do you guys want to see? I'm developing products slowly as I get time for these ol' machines as well. What is missing that would make your life easier when it comes to getting something done on your rides?

Check out the Blog, and if there is enough interest, I'll start doing specific threads here...

Hugh
http://hughshandbuilt.blogspot.com/

all of the mentioned above... I have had to just figure out alot of stuff out on my own which was interesting, but a little direction would help. And not to mention that the old saying, "there's more than one way to skin a cat". It would be cool to see different ways of doing the same thing. Two thumbs up here.

how to take apart forks. a very descriptive one, with lots of pictures of the process, as well as how to make the tools to take them apart.

how to take apart forks. a very descriptive one, with lots of pictures of the process, as well as how to make the tools to take them apart.

Hrmmm, you mean like this one??? :thumbsup:
http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7330&highlight=Lower+XS650

I need to take the time to make a good thread like that one here, I just hate to double post all the information.

I did R&D some solid riser bushings today, prototyped them, and started small batch production. Keep and eye out for those in the next few days...

Hugh

I think a teardown of the top end and reassembly article is one of the important things any 650 owner needs, not to mention engine removal....My first teardown was on a junk engine years ago, and I made more than my fair share of mistakes.....I know how to tear down forks, but that would be good too, amongst other things.

You rock Hugh!

yeah. like that one. also another idea is a sticky of fluid capacities, starting points for carbs, simple things that would get a bike running. torque specs ect ect. If we posted those to a sticky, there wouldnt be so many posts of the carb guide, or the head torque.

This is about motorsickles. The lounge is for music, literature, sex, and bears.

What is missing that would make my life easier when it comes to getting something done on my rides? That an easy one to answer. A boat load of cash, got any laying around you don't need?
On a more serious side any thing that gets lots of questions about, like steering head bearing swaps, comes to mind.
I quess I ought to look over the blog before I say too much hate to repeat what others suggest.

Good design and how to on DIY cafe seat with tail light in rear cowling. Seems to be a shortage of them for the XS. Maybe in Fibre glass so anyone can do.

Make your own forward controls, with dimensions, option of using your pegs with home made brackets etc.

Back