Factory electrical components that can be deleted?

noears

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have been searching the forums but havent quite found what I am looking for, So heres some questions.

I have a 1978 650SE, I have chopped it and what not and now have a simple electrical system. Headlight, tail light, indicators, I am about to install my HHB PMA but will be keeping my points ignition.

I want to know what electrical components I can delete from my harness, I used my stock harness and modified it to suit. But it seems too bulky and could do with more room in my electrics box.

Light Checker, Reserve lighting unit, safety relay, can these go?

Light Checker, Reserve Lighting and Turn Signal canceler can go. I would NOT delete the safety relay unless you're also going kick-only.

Thanks for that Downeaster, I am on kick only, I have the starter connected with the starter solenoid connected so If I had to electric start I could, but now that I am done with tuning I could deleted all of that completely.

You can't just unplug the light checker and the RLU without jumpering some wires or some of the lights won't work anymore.

Thanks for that 5twins, I wasn't counting on just disconnecting these components and everything being merry, There will be plenty of jumpering and what not.

I have just installed a Hugh's Handbuilt PMA, this means my factory regulator and rectifier can now go, right?

Back