Fanally got it started up Take a listen

Jasonbobb

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Ok,, Got my carbs working decent after two cleanings and some jets and other small misc. parts. Now I'm going to have to pull it back out and rebuild the top end,, I fired it up and at first I thought I was rich which I still might be but as the machine ran for a bit it started to fill the exhaust on both sides with oil and smoke more and more. The engine is an xs2 I believe and prolly been in the shed I found it in since the eighties, ,LOL ,, but its running and just about rattled everything that's not tight yet off of the bike, , LOL,, I couldn't believe the rattle this thing has. Enjoy the video and thank you for watching.

yup. If your floats are sticking, you might have gas in your oil, thinning it out.
Don't ask me how I know.
Was that really first start? first kick after sitting since the eighties?
You'll figure out the smoke thing. Nice lookin scoot

no,no,no,no,no,,LOL,, Two weeks ago I tore down my carbs and then I had to tear them down again, They have new float valves and jets, rubber garmets and new mix screws and orings, new main jets and piolet jets. New intakes too. After they were done it took about 15 min or so of kicking/electric starting, to get it to fire up. When it did it just came to life. My right leg is huge now ,,LOL,,

Back