Feeler Gauge Feeling

There will be no movement for a long time during compression and the power stroke. I don't know if that corresponds to when you're seeing the no movement. If you're around tdc and both valves are closed together for any length of time you're right in the center of that....

It does. Almost perfectly between the marks. Movement stops at the first line and then begins again on the second.
These valves have just got me second guessing myself.

I forgot you'd taken the adjusters off and replaced them. That complicates it. But you know the side with no movement for a long time is on its compression/power stroke.

Ya, I'm watching the piston and valves moving. I ran it around several times to get a feel for it. I have a good light shinning in the spark plug hole to see the pistons/valve movement and also watching the spring.
Thanks

If your watching the valves, as you turn the engine the exhaust will open then close. Then the intake opens an close right after that. Right then watch your timing makrs, the next time they line up your at TDC. THe engine might not stay at TDC, it may turn over just a bit farther, not enough to effect the valve adjustment.

Back