First xs650

spdygon

XS650 Member
Reaction score
hello
Just bought my first xs650 and it’s a 72. Where can I buy rubber grommets...like for the gauges and forks ( bottom , top light bucket ears)?
MikesXS and other sites don’t have them.
Also looking for a xs2 left fork

Welcome Spdygon, Moving on from the Kawasaki world?
Sorry, can't help with the grommets.

Thought that was you...came up at a decent price and could not leave without it.lol
Still having monthly meeting?

Many of those rubber bits are N.L.A. Watch eBay for some N.O.S. ones. They pop up from time to time.

Some of the rubber parts can be made from two different sizes of rubber tube where the OD of one matches the ID of the other. You can cut a length of the thinner and push on two shorter lengths of the thicker - even glue them in place if you wish.

7D09C119-8AB8-45AE-8419-CD464D208831.jpeg

I don't get the abundance of drag and clubman bars on these. Sportbikes these are not, lol. A bit lower than stock, sure, but that low is too much.

What are your plans? That screams café bike to me. You just need to finish it the right way.

keep close tabs on the front axle, brake parts, assembly order, that 72 is a one year only setup.

I have an interest in getting a Yamaha XV750, consequently I immediately recognized that mudguard:
XV750A.jpg
XV750B.jpg
TM - Offset axle.

Last edited:
Back