Fong Bros foot Clutch Photos

fongbros

XS650 Ignoramus
Reaction score
Earth - more specific would be Baltimore, Maryland
Everything is really tight and cramped so these are the best pics/angles I can get of the pieces for the foot clutch setup. With the exception of the cable stop, it is all made/can be made from the right side brake pieces. The piece for the frame where the pedal pivots is from the right side support of an old frame. People who hardtail usually toss their side supports and will be glad to give them to you. The pedal is a brake pedal cut and flipped. The pivot itself is a stock pivot that is cut and my own piece of steel is shaped and welded on. However, a stock pivot can be made to work also if you have one from a drum brake bike. This one was from a disc brake bike, so it is a little different and works better modified. The exposed cable end is the stock piece that goes on the pedal pivot of a disc brake bike - a nut is welded to the end to keep the cable from pulling all the way through. The end of the cable inside the case is cut off, then the cable and housing are shortened. A replacement cable end from Mikesxs is soldered on. The little cable guide on the back of the frame is a cable guide that was removed from the front downtube. That's the basic idea. There are some other little tricks to get it to work, but that's the idea in a nutshell.

Attachments

• droid pics 2 822.jpg
    droid pics 2 822.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 1,355
  • droid pics 2 821.jpg
    droid pics 2 821.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 605
  • droid pics 2 820.jpg
    droid pics 2 820.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 667
  • droid pics 2 819.jpg
    droid pics 2 819.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 819
  • droid pics 2 818.jpg
    droid pics 2 818.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 570
Now the question- How does she feel when shifting? Smooth?
Thanks for the pictures.

Now the question- How does she feel when shifting? Smooth?
Thanks for the pictures.

Good question; I run blacksmithbilly's mod for my foot clutch, and it's fuckin sensitive. Friction zone is like 1/8". I've swapped the 7 pack out for the late model 6 in hopes of fixing this issue.

I really like the idea of this. What do most riders who have these say? They like them? Hate them?

I mean they look cool, but it must be something that you have to get use to as a rider.

When I put a jockey shift on my panhead back in the 70's I spent about a week running into intersections when I couldn't find a clutch lever under my left hand. Takes about half a second to remember where the clutch is. After that it was second nature.

I really like the idea of this. What do most riders who have these say? They like them? Hate them?

I mean they look cool, but it must be something that you have to get use to as a rider.

I love him. im trin to make a setup on mine now. the person I got it from made some heavy duty forward controls so now im trin to adapt to that the same way I just saw. but im gonna try and use my orinal clutch cable and weld on a perch to the frame I think we'll see. nice lookin thou. took a couple of looks to notice it all. but nice:D

Back