Foot pegs

I'd be more interested in the aluminum ones (cause those would look just plain wierd on a tracker) but I like the idea. Been over to Deep Six's site and for the life of me I don't see any contact info. am I just blind?

Ok guys, gonna get on the Aluminum ones ASAP! :thumbsup: I'll go kick his ass into gear :laugh:

These look really kickass on a Bratstyle build, but I agree on the Aluminum for a tracker. Stay Tuned.

Hey kiddies for the aluminum pegs I was going to do something similar to the Harley brass pegs. I was going to knurl the center. I could do something a little more simple... ah hell Im gonna have to make 2 differant sets of these aren't I?

These are the ones I have been doing right along for common harley style mounts just so you get the idea...
IMG_1802.jpg

To my mind pegs for a tracker or cafe are going to have to be more "performance" oriented rather than "bling" oriented if you know what I mean. Like in "teeth" as a dirt bike would have. Think race as opposed to show. On a true performance bike it's OK if it shines as long as it has a performance function as well. Not sure if you know what I mean.

To my mind pegs for a tracker or cafe are going to have to be more "performance" oriented rather than "bling" oriented if you know what I mean. Like in "teeth" as a dirt bike would have. Think race as opposed to show. On a true performance bike it's OK if it shines as long as it has a performance function as well. Not sure if you know what I mean.

Like this maybe? BTW guys, Tuff Luck Tom is a good friend of mine who is planning to introduce a few more XS650 Products in the coming months :thumbsup:

attachment.jpg

Like this maybe? BTW guys, Tuff Luck Tom is a good friend of mine who is planning to introduce a few more XS650 Products in the coming months :thumbsup:

attachment.jpg

That actually would work, I'm actually thinkin' 'bout a more agressive "bite" in the pattern. Racing requires control, part of that is grippage ( don't think that's a real word) . And god bless Tom for helpin' us out. And I'm no expert, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

That actually would work, I'm actually thinkin' 'bout a more agressive "bite" in the pattern. Racing requires control, part of that is grippage ( don't think that's a real word) . And god bless Tom for helpin' us out. And I'm no expert, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

I believe the word your looking for is "gription"

Yeah I hear ya on the tracker stuff. In the end I think I will come up with a couple types. I have been using knurling wheels a little more coarse for my stuff than Hugh did on his pegs. Basically Im gonna do something kinda like Hugh's but with my own touch... So either Im gonna make some scrap or some awesomeness (may not be a real word!). Stay tuned!

I got something for you guys. Gotta get out to Hugh's and get some shots on a bike so you get can get the jist. I think they are killer though they may not work for every one... I spent the morning searchin the interweb for street trackers. Seems like 90% of em had stock rubber pegs. I found one that had mx peg. These ones I came up with for you guys are kinda what my pegs and Hugh's pegs would look like if they hooked up some drunken night and had babys!

Oh and sorry for not doing an intro. I kinda assume most of you cats in this thread have some idea of who I am and what my company does... I'm the dude at Deep Six Cycles.

Hey Gang,

I've been watching this thread and have some thoughts on the non-brass version of the soon to be released XS pegs. I lean towards pregrid's opinion that the tracker/cafe version should be geared towards performance rather than pure bling. Taking that a step further performance with bling is even better.

This is my perfect peg:

Duplicate the geometry of the original stock pegs. They are only ugly because they are rubber.... and I like the flat tops.

Make them out of Aluminum or Stainless.

Include the bevel cut at the bottom outside corner...for when you scrape them. Then inset a replaceable carbon steel wear strip in the bottom bevel...(gotta have sparks)!

Oh, and the proper terms are not 'grippage' or 'gription'. The term is 'gripification', with the correct amount ye shall be 'Gripified!

Postnote: I am older now and may never scrape another peg. But back in the day if my riding buddies or myself saw sparks flying off pegs we would realize that we were riding like idiots and we would slow down. ...real quick!...........(usually).

Back