Footpeg bracket stud sleeves

SantaFeTrailer

Social Distancing Since Before it Was Cool
Reaction score
I am installing custom rearsets on my bike. The front mounts to the upper footpeg bracket stud (bolt? - I don't see how it would come out from the inside). The issue is that the unthreaded portion of the stud is about 1/2" longer than the thickness of the rearset bracket. It looks like I could take a tubing cutter, cut down the sleeve, then cut the threads on the stud another 1/2" to be able to snug a nut up against the rearsets, then probably cut off the un-needed portion of the stud.

Has anyone gotten into this part before, or does anyone have any thoughts about it?

9CEC6A76-0A07-4B0F-8563-81E202119EE5_zpszusirzus.jpg

No doubt about that, but I'd like to use an acorn nut and make it look a little prettier.

The footpeg studs are welded into the frame from the inside and there's no easy way to remove them.
Best you put a fat shiny sleeve on there to take up the space.
Then you can swap back to stock pegs if you ever need to.

I'm with everyone else, put a spacer on it and call it good, if that really bothers you you could probably cut that stud off, sand it smooth and drill and tap it to use a bolt, or put a bolt in from the back side and put your acorn but on it, assuming there is room to do that on the back side, I've never paid much attention

I don't think that is a bolt with a sleeve on it. It's a shoulder bolt. The bolt is turned down at the threaded part. This leaves a shoulder for the washer to stop against so as to not over compress the rubber bushing.
I agree with the others to add a bushing behind the rear set mounting plate.
Leo

Back