Fork brace needed?

I think your head bearings are toast. if you jack up the front of the bike so the front wheel is off the ground, grab both legs and try to push them back and forth. do they clunk? feel loose?
now turn the forks lock to lock. does it feel 'gritty'? or tight?
it should feel smooth, and easy to turn. if its too tight, it will feel like its 'racheting"

Hmm not loose or too tight? I think the vibration moves the forks and the rubber from the tire lets it bounce?

Standard parallel twin idle vibration, enjoy. On the centerstand the bike should walk backward when you rev it. Poor man's reverse gear.

If the bars are floppy, a fender washer between the mount bushing halves will take out the slop for a few years.

Standard parallel twin idle vibration, enjoy. On the centerstand the bike should walk backward when you rev it. Poor man's reverse gear.

If the bars are floppy, a fender washer between the mount bushing halves will take out the slop for a few years.

Ha! Yes I scraped up my driveway real good!

That vibration can be tuned out. Getting both cylinders to pull the same works wonders.
If a points bike getting the point to fire as close to exactly the same time helps, A more precise carb sync helps. Eliminating as much of the variables between left and right smooths thing out.
Leo

Back