Fork Question

I did a search on "Minton Mods" and saw several references but no actual description of the mods involved.

Can someone point me to a tech article?

Be aware that the fork portion of that article contains several errors and nobody has ever bothered to correct them to this day. Minton says you'll find two 1/4" holes near the bottom of the damper rods. He tells you to drill two more so you end up with a total of four. There are already 4 holes down there but they are smaller, about 3/16" (actually, they're a #9 drill size). What most of us do is simply enlarge them to around 1/4" (I used a #1 drill).

At the top of the rod, Minton says you'll find one small hole, which is correct. He says to enlarge it slightly using a #54 drill bit then continue drilling through to create a 2nd hole opposite it. The existing hole is already larger than a #54 drill. On the '77 rods, it's about a #45, on the '78-on rods about a #49. I used a #45 drill on my '78 rods.

ygNo7NV.png

Last edited:
On your tire balancing, try Dyna Beads, remove all your balance weights. install the Dyna Beads in the tire. And ride it.
www.innovativebalancing.com
They work great and can be transferred to the next tire. Made my 75 ride and vibes improve greatly.
Leo

Back