Forks by Frank

Drizzle

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey new around here. Got a 79 xs650 the other day and was thinking of replacing the mags with spokes. 21 inch seems to be the cool one around here for the front end. My question is, is there a direct swap kit anywhere? Would like to put something that resembles a front brake on as well. I ride street bike and definitely have appreciation for the front caliper setup. Anyway Tha ks for your help. Glad to finally be here!
11021390_10205525480432284_7375285028257342723_o.jpg

There are kits out there that you have to respoke the front hub and there are many other threads on this swap.
BUT I have found over the years and 50 bike builds later that it was way much easy to swap the complete front for a SPORSTER front and 21" wheel if you don't care about stock. You can just pickup a XS650 spoke wheel and use everything you have and be done but that's not a 21" wheel. I have bought complete SPORTSTER front ends on line cheap may not be show quality but look good.
Here is a picture of a SPORSTER front on a XS650 and a HARLEY rear wheel
Good luck with your build
Rich

Attachments

• 100_0856.jpg
    100_0856.jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 254
  • 100_0855.jpg
    100_0855.jpg
    305.3 KB · Views: 264
  • th_whitebike.jpg
    th_whitebike.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 222
Thanks DaddyG. Well, I kinda like the forks by Frank I have. A bit longer rake it seams. Knowing me I can change my mind about ten times this year about that but whatever. Anyways can I pick up a xs650 hub and a 21 inch rim and spokes and combined the pieces?

Just posting props where due...

I needed a set of custom fork legs for a front end swap I'm doing on my XS650.
Frank's was basically my only choice.

First, I sent out Frank's "Contact" email form to do things the easy, Internet way.
Heard nothing back for 2 weeks.

Then I called and left a message on their answering machine.
Heard nothing back for a week.

I placed a follow-up call and this time I was able to speak to a live person (the best kind!).

He took my order, knew exactly what I was talking about, talked shop for a little bit, told me how long it would take, and that was it.

7 days later, I get a call from Frank's telling me the forks were done and on their way, and to have a money order ready for when they arrived.

FedEx delivered the fork legs yesterday C.O.D. This was the first time I'd ever done C.O.D., but it all went down without a hitch.

The legs are spot on, beautifully made, and I am really happy with the whole deal.

So the trick to working with Frank's is to CALL and keeping calling until a PERSON answers the phone.
After that, just sit back and trust that you will get great results. :bike:

I have been dealing with franks since the 70's and at one time was a dealer for his tubes. Stand up guys and very helpful. Most people don't know about him.:thumbsup:

Back