Forward controls

dlabkeeg

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I'm running forward controls, and was wondering if someone makes a gear shift designed for that. I could take mine, cut it in half and drill a hole, but would like to find one that look made for it. Clean looking.

I haven't seen anyone making them. I cut mine, bent it, and drilled a hole. I might grind it a little more flat to change the look a little bit and get it power coated with the frame and all the other brackets and levers that are getting coated.

That's what I thought, cut and drill. Just heat and bend right? Do you know if you can do that with the rear brake arm? It seems to be made out of another metal (can't be pot metal, that wouldn't hold up, but something similar)? Just has the look and feel that if I try to bend it, it will break.

I did the same with the rear brake lever but didn't have to bend it. Just tilt it straight down...

the best chance you have of finding one ready made would be to walk around some swap meets/autojumbles and try and find a gash set of rearsets cheap with a matching pattern, far easier to just cut and drill the one you have.

Back