friction plates

pahako

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hey I need to order some new plates for my 81. I have 6 friction plates and 5 clutch plates. In my Clymer it shows the two center friction plates to be slightly different from the outer two on each side. Can I just order six of the friction plates that Mikes sells and use them?

they are all the same. get mikes, and soak them in the oil that you will be using over night., and get stiffer springs. make sure your 5 drive plates are flat. lay them on a peice of glass, and if they are warped at all, replace.
Oh, and before you ask late, they are thinner than the old ones, untill you soak em

The Forodo clutches are not all the same MMM at 650 central sells them I run them on my bike 750cc shell #1 cam ported head no slipping problems. This is my third season on them and I run the bike pretty hard no slip problems Forodo springs. XS leo runs them now. The best my opinion and others I'am shure.

I use the standard friction discs from mike in my clutch from an '81. They work, my clutch kicks ass. I use Barnett springs, this is a 700/shell motor as well.

Back