Garage Art

upload_2018-1-1_13-48-25.png

New England version of garage art. ( learning to spray monster metal flake for a 60's - 70's psychedelic BSA paint job I got on deck)
waiting for the curators @ Museum of Modern Art , The Guggenheim, or Luhring Augustine in Brooklyn to call.........nothing yet.

this is what happens when you can't go to the shop to work: -14 below this am, colder tomorrow.
Wow ! You are quite an artist, Dana.
There are galleries here in Syracuse that would probably be interested in your works.
And who knows, since the Guggenheim hosted 114 classic motorcycles in their "Art of The Motorcycle" exhibit in 1998, maybe they would be interested, too.

upload_2018-1-1_14-53-8.jpeg
upload_2018-1-1_14-53-30.jpeg
upload_2018-1-1_14-54-16.jpeg

danathomas - Two questions:

1. Where in New England? I'm in Downeast Maine (duh...)

2. Love the racer! The body looks a lot like an old Electrolux vacuum cleaner body. Close?

I was just reviewing the list of bikes the curators of the "Art of The Motorcycle" chose for the exhibit, and it is difficult to understand how they managed to leave out the XS650, when they included an '89 Yamaha VMax.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_motorcycles_in_The_Art_of_the_Motorcycle_exhibition

I'm thinking that my life goal is now to bring as many of these bikes as I can into my living room.
I've got the Triumph Bonneville.
I could bring the RD350 up when I am done.
Could fit a few more, I'm sure...................got to get rid of the furniture.................

danathomas - Two questions:

1. Where in New England? I'm in Downeast Maine (duh...)

2. Love the racer! The body looks a lot like an old Electrolux vacuum cleaner body. Close?

very close !! not finished yet ...are they ever ?

I was just reviewing the list of bikes the curators of the "Art of The Motorcycle" chose for the exhibit, and it is difficult to understand how they managed to leave out the XS650, when they included an '89 Yamaha VMax.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_motorcycles_in_The_Art_of_the_Motorcycle_exhibition

I'm thinking that my life goal is now to bring as many of these bikes as I can into my living room.
I've got the Triumph Bonneville.
I could bring the RD350 up when I am done.
Could fit a few more, I'm sure...................got to get rid of the furniture.................
upload_2018-1-1_17-36-50.png

I have some crazy projects , i do keep them in my basement !

Not really art bit not purely functional either.
The speed change lever on my mill broke, so today I was looking at a ZXR250 conrod and thought it might work. By pure fluke the H and L end up circled by the little end. Now I know what to do when the other one breaks.
ZXR 250 rod on mill.jpg

Yesterday I had the oppprtumity to try out the camera in this new iPhone, my first smartphone. Went to the vintage drag races at the Nostalgia Dragway in S Butler NY, a tiny 1/4 mile track out in the country .
3F7657B7-57FA-4517-A237-B739767B297E.jpeg

2DC02A27-0093-4CEA-927D-54E1936E4AB9.jpeg

There was a swap meet, too.
I picked up this small arbor press as garage art, but then realized it will be quite useful in the shop. Made in Wisconsin.

75B4526D-9AE2-436B-9D0E-2A6ACA55DFF9.jpeg

1BDCF3A5-D265-41CE-BB3D-6848E31DC153.jpeg

Back