Make Offer - Gauging the sale of my 83 xs bobber

How long you waiting on title from ITS i got one in 5 weeks with a tag good for one year. Did you do all the paper work right.That bike is worth every bit of $2500.00 with or without title. Nice bike thought it was one of my builds but i don't mount battery box that way. I sold 5 bikes in NY last year. I have one here the same good parts no title.

I had to have the vin rechecked. I went to dmv this time. Im waiting for them to tell me if its ok or I need more info. Been waiting 8 days for a phone call back. Called them 5 times!

All you do is go online download Title Papers and also VIN CERTIFY that has to be signed by POLICE or DMV saying numbers are good and send $210.00 and thats it.If papers are not done right they will come back. I just got in the mail today from VERMONT to renew my tag for another two years for one i did last year. They never return calls. I think i have there other number i will look and see and let you know. I have done over the past 20 years over 50 titles with them and you wait but you get it.

Hey FastColt, I am also in CT! I bought my 80 xs650 from a guy in RI with no title, didn't run or nothing, dmv said all they want is a bill of sale it could be from joe blow, they didn't care. So I went there after I got it running with insurance card and my bill of sale, got 10 day temps so I could drive it to the dmv because they need to do a vin check in order to get hard plates... and that's it, no inspection or emmisions or title needed :) then I rode it home and striped it down:D so I'm pretty sure as long as its 25yrs or older u don't need a title. Good luck with what ever you end up doing!:thumbsup:

List it on ME craigslist, no title on anything over 15 years old if I remember right. My 80 doesn't have a title here, and someone would probably be willing to drive to CT for a bike like that.

Hey FastColt, I am also in CT! I bought my 80 xs650 from a guy in RI with no title, didn't run or nothing, dmv said all they want is a bill of sale it could be from joe blow, they didn't care. So I went there after I got it running with insurance card and my bill of sale, got 10 day temps so I could drive it to the dmv because they need to do a vin check in order to get hard plates... and that's it, no inspection or emmisions or title needed :) then I rode it home and striped it down:D so I'm pretty sure as long as its 25yrs or older u don't need a title. Good luck with what ever you end up doing!:thumbsup:

in CT it can be '81 or older, so his 83 wont get by...

can you get the previous registration? take that to the dmv and register it as a '72. my registration is missing a number from the bikes vin

Back