getting a title for a bike with no title http://www.its-titles.com/

BEWARE of this puke running a scam on craigslist about getting titles. He operates with a Florida phone number (904) that is a google number that fowards to his real phone. Hard to trace without a court order.

He tells you he can get a title for anything, no questions asked. He started at $250, then $400, now $500. When you call him he asks for all the info needed to show on your title. He then produces a Georgia State title and send you photos of the title with all the info you gave him, laying on a fedex envelope. The wants payment before overnight shipment to you. The method of payment is a cash card that you buy and provide him the numbers with over the phone. He gets the cash and you never get the title. A buddy I know fell for this. He sent me the email and I can tell this was photoshopped but done pretty good. I can see a deseprate person falling for this. He mostly responds to craiglist ads when someone is selling something without title. He also has tons of car ads on craigslist when you search with his phone number. All north florida/georgia based.

Now the bad...
I spent some time calling the Georgia State attorneys office and let them know that someone is using forged documents from the government system. I gave them the guys phone number, offered to foward any info needed to get him. I know they are busy but, NO RESPONSE.

This guy still emails me regularly. Now a new phone number too. He won't reply to emails. It would not take too much work to get a lead on him with proper authority. They could care less. This is why the system is failing and fast. No one wants to do their job. I would love to have the chance to settle this my way.

You're in Ky. I was told by a lady at the DMV in Lexington that to get a title in Ky you have to have a title, either one from in or out of state, but a title. She was real belligerent about it, so it might have been a load of hooey. Go to your DMV and see what they say. You're near Ohio, so maybe sell it to a friend in Ohio who will title it there and sell it back to you and you can swap it for a Ky title.

Don't try Ohio it take a cort order to get a title in Ohio if you don't have one. a BIG PAIN IN THE ASS.:yikes:

if any body knows the nightmares of out of state title issues its got to be me so much so I wrote a story of all the trials and hoops I went through to legalize a hundred dollar purchase of a Honda shadow 1100 in California I found in a impound lot that took two years to clear for release purchased a fourteen day emergency moving permit took bike home to ohio got thrown out of the county clerks office three times and thrown out of the bmv twice had to make two trips back to californa had to have the numbers verified by ohio state police, have a safety inspection done in west va, had to get a smog insp certificate afer all was said and done that hundred dollar bike cost me over three thousand dollars and two years of grief only bright spot in the entire travesty was when I returned to the bmv to prove to the lady who threw me out earlier that day proof I knew more about her job than she did when she told me to get out again my granddaughter yelled out to her hey lady you better give my grampa his plates or im gonna call the police and I know the number its 911 made me laugh so did the lady and everyone else in the office all broke out laughing my point is like others will tell every situation is different do your homework and never take no for an answer

Ct isn't to bad to get a title for old stuff work on my 78/79 bronco's and a fue other old bike I'v had just got to have a bill of sale and insurance card and taxes paid paper it's just haveing to wate there a fue hours to talk to the ppl that sucks

I was in Montana over the winter and I looked into getting a title for a trailer and was given a form for title of a motor vehicle of uncertain origin, or something close to that. Every form available is available online so that might help clue you onto some possibilities.

I would bet the guys who really know how to go about this are the old car restorers who start out with something in a cornfield that hasn't been titled since 1927...

When I brought the '77 in from South Jersey I had to have the vin run. I pointed out the extra frame that came with the deal to the deputy that came out for the inspection and he said that people get titles for homemade trailers all the time.
Soon to be looking into that.

Yeah the easy title states are getting smart and stopping us scuff laws from using them to title out of state bikes. I got two through Michigan before they clamped down...... Wisconsin is a PITA state. I still intend to do a "title bond" bike this winter and will report on the process if I get R done. The state holds your money for I think three years to help protect THEM from someone showing up with a valid title to the bike in your possession. The proccess is NOT advertised, but is buried in statute. Most (many?) states also have a mechanic's lien title process. but that requires a valid business license.

Minnesota was a breeze. Want to say it was $25 for a Temp title...if nobody makes a claim after a year or two they send you a full title.

Getting old cars trucks titled is a pain in the ass in ct it has to go throw inspection u have to have a data plate and some time there's a vin stamped on the in side of the cowl or other stupid places its hard and expensive to do some times un less u get the first owner with a bill of sale I got lucky with my 36 f1

Picked up an 81 spec last week. Guy had passed away so wife sold it to the kid i purchased it with bill o sale. Kid had the vin verified-no records. So i go to ca dmv. Thay want to see the bike and verify smog placard lol. Not avail in 81. Since bike has less than 7500mi its technically not cali legal! Lol even though it was bought and previously registered there. I live in NV. They wont do anything unless i have a real title. So its back to cali with bike in tow to have it inspected again. Who knows what hoops await tmrw!

Anyone have any experience titling a no title bike in Oregon?

Hey about getting the title from Oregon, I bought my bike is San diego with a bill of sale only to find out it was last titled in Oregon,

California DMV told me there was nothing I could do, so I called the Oregon DMV they had me send in paper work with the Vin on it then they sent me the last known owners name and address

so I sent him a letter asking him to send me a letter stating he no longer had any interest in the bike (that took the longest )

I then sent that letter and two more forms and a check for 77 bucks to the Oregon DMV and three weeks later I had an Oregon title in my name with my California address (funny thing is they never cashed the check)

Posted via Mobile

Since this seems to be a sort of title-getting info repository, here's how I've done it in Utah:

You need the VIN inspection done, a statement of ownership (how you came by the vehicle), and a title application, as well as pictures of the vehicle.

With all that filled out, I've gotten one title really easy. Once, they said the VIN was illegible and assigned the bike a new VIN, and after that sent me the title. The most recent one has a lien holder, and I'm still waiting to hear back about that title. And once, it didn't work at all because I only had the frame and they won't issue a title unless it looks halfway complete.

So, if you're lien-free its pretty painless. Even assigning the new VIN wasn't that bad; I just had to have a local cop come by to do the inspection.

I live in NH and could help people out with getting titles. All I need is a bill of sale with the vin#. Then I got to my town hall and register it. A new title is then sent to me in like a week or two. If I can help anyone out, feel free to PM me.

Good luck guys.

I live in NH and could help people out with getting titles. All I need is a bill of sale with the vin#. Then I got to my town hall and register it. A new title is then sent to me in like a week or two. If I can help anyone out, feel free to PM me.

Good luck guys.

this offer still stand? haha

My 2 cents worth: if you don't have a title for a bike you bought on the cheap, part that sucker out on the Enet and use the money (a lot more than what you started with) to buy one with a clear title. Fewer headaches and you might find some extra parts you can use on the keeper...

After reading the responses on this thread the OP or anyone else should see why a lot of us say, "No Title = Parts Bike."
Getting a cheap bike with no title is ok, just don't think it's ever going on the street.
If it's in very good shape, you can find a bike with a good title and swap all the good parts over to the titled frame.
Even getting a titled frame from another bike and cutting the neck out and putting it on you XS650 frame is ok.
Leo

Vermont is the way to go. You pay $44 for reg,.6% sales tax (NADA value). You need a bill of sale, VIN verification by PD, proof of Ins. In ten days of so a reg and plate will come to you, you do not need to be a Vermont resident. Call 802-828-2000 , talk to them about a new reg and they will email you the form to fill out . You end up with a bike that is registered, take that to your DMV and register it in your state and get the title. It truly works like a charm. I'm from Mass and the DMV is a pain in the ass but this works. Good luck. tim

I had a problem with my 1974 tx650, but with 1. Bill of sale, 2. A dmv authorized vin inspection certificate. 3. A picture of the bike. 4. Proof of insurance. 5. 8% of the nada value { sales tax}. 6. $44 registration fee, i had my vermont license plate in 10 days, and a legal registration in 14 days.
I was getting ready to part it out, now i am riding it legally in las vegas, nevada. You do not have to be a state resident to register in the great state of vermont!!

Back