Getting to much air in the motor

SKRIBLZ

xs650 newbie
Reaction score
When I started riding my bike it was perfect then one of my carb holders got a split in it (I have the aftermarket xs performance carbs) and it was sucking in air and was back firing.

once I replaced it it was running perfect agiann for about a week then started back firing agian and running really hot any one have any advise??

Attachments

• Untitled 0 00 42-24.jpg
    Untitled 0 00 42-24.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 134
  • Untitled 0 00 10-44.jpg
    Untitled 0 00 10-44.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 100
If you mean did I order them from mikes xs then yes. Is there somewhere else or another brand I should get?

the new one does not even have 40 miles on it

Sounds like you have a lean condition. Have you checked your plugs? Also have you adjusted the cam chain, valves, etc? Are you still running points if this is a points bike, or a TCI if its a 80 or older? Or have you gone to a Pamco/Boyer? Have you checked your timing? Have you checked for air leaks? Are your running an in line fuel filter to keep crap out of your carbs? Is it backfiring through the carbs, or exhaust?

Runnig hot can indicate a lean state and quickly ruin a motor.

k This is my first bike so Patches I have no idea what half of that stuff is but imma check my plugs right now and and yes I have an in line fuel filter and the backfire is coming from the exhaust

those are all the answers I have for that idk what a pamco or a boyer is I got this bike already done but I have wanted an xs650 for a long time

I wanna learn this stuff that why I am on here so if you could put it a was I might understand it would help alot lol

Thank you for the ideas tho imma go play with it now.

Ya I just checked them out they look legit

I checked out my spark plugs they are just black they dont smell like gas and there is no oil on them at all

I think the JBM carb holders for the BS34 carbs are the ones you want. I think they fit Mike's PWK carbs. Measure your carbs where they fit in the holders. Check when you order.
Leo

Last edited:
thanks guys i found out my carbs are not running in sync but I think imma order the jbm so I have them when mikes holders fail

Back