Got another build on my hands- CAFE?????

Coming along great!! Are you using a regular household oven? Did you modify it to fit the rims?

Basically its just a used cheep 220v electric oven. Standard 30"
I put the rack in backwards directly on the bottom so the little lip holds the rim from sliding. I have to kind of angle the 19" rim to fit. But it works. Only leave's a little rack mark on the lip of the rim. But the tire covers it anyway. Just a bit tricky getting it in the oven. In the pic of my front rim you'll see an old clutch lever in the bearing hole. I use that to hold onto so i can get it in without marking the powder.
oven.jpg

K thanks. I hadn't thought of angling them I had always worried about it touching. I have heard of people cutting the insides of the oven apart and fitting up to a 22" rim in there off of a truck. I just wasn't sure if I wanted to commit to that. I will try this and see what happens. I was thinking of doing the same thing and powdering the whole rim assy after truing it up. Came out great.

K thanks. I hadn't thought of angling them I had always worried about it touching. I have heard of people cutting the insides of the oven apart and fitting up to a 22" rim in there off of a truck. I just wasn't sure if I wanted to commit to that. I will try this and see what happens. I was thinking of doing the same thing and powdering the whole rim assy after truing it up. Came out great.

Also, i did a test on that rim thats in the oven.
I did one side, baked it, took it out then did the other side. came out just as good and no marks.:thumbsup:

It's not that they don't fit.........I personally think there are much nicer options out there for cafes. Each to their own taste, that is what makes all builds personal.

Having said that I thought Bobber33's Previous 2 builds were immaculate in style & execution.

It's not that they don't fit.........I personally think there are much nicer options out there for cafes. Each to their own taste, that is what makes all builds personal.

Having said that I thought Bobber33's Previous 2 builds were immaculate in style & execution.

Thanks AussieHard... i won't let you down on this one either:thumbsup:

Today i built the rear frame section... trying to figure out where everything will go...

fit some holders and plug welded them in
1.jpg

Bent some tube
2.jpg

fitting
3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

cutting some sheet metal for electrical tray
6.jpg

7.jpg

welded the sheet metal on
(just got a new welder and took a while to get it to the sweet spot,
so i did a few passes)
8.jpg

ground all down flush. Looks like 1 piece now. Super smooth
9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

Just testing to see where all the junk is gonna fit...
15.jpg

16.jpg

here it is
pan.jpg

Beautiful work, really nice. Must be cool to do 99% or more of your own work. Me, even if I had the best welder in the world I'd be burning holes in everthing. Just not my thing. Turning wrenches IS. The end result is always sweeter the more you do for yourself. Nice job. Still appreciate the artwork involved.

Beautiful work, really nice. Must be cool to do 99% or more of your own work. Me, even if I had the best welder in the world I'd be burning holes in everthing. Just not my thing. Turning wrenches IS. The end result is always sweeter the more you do for yourself. Nice job. Still appreciate the artwork involved.

Hey thanks pregrid.
I try to do practically everything i can here . Plus with these builds things change quickly so last minute changes are easier if you do it yourself i guess.

Got home from a party and it was such a nice night i figured i'd paint the parts.

just setting pressure
p1.jpg

here we go...
p2.jpg

some of these are taken from outside through the little plastic windows...
it's not really that foggy in there.
p3.jpg

p4.jpg

p5.jpg

Like GLASS!!!
p6.jpg

p7.jpg

p8.jpg

p9.jpg

p10.jpg

p11.jpg

Got allot done today, man i'm tired...

engine is in, chain is on, rear-sets mocked up etc...

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 6
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 3
Powder coat those rear sets, they stand out and don't blend in with the rest of the bike.

Man you got it all…….Pro looking workshop with heaps of space, the equipment & tools along with skills to use em and a good sense of style………So jealous….You can progress quickly.

Powder coat those rear sets, they stand out and don't blend in with the rest of the bike.

hey thanks.
But Yes the rear sets will be powdercoated. I'm still mocking stuff up to make sure everything fits. I'll probably do them in the same black as the rest.

disagree strongly. gold is like red- it's a nice accent but it's easy to have too much of it.

yeah thats my thoughts at this point.
But i'm gonna wait until i figure out the paint scheme to decide for sure.
Gonna paint this next week once i settle on an idea.

Back