Hand me down Canadian XS650 build

little bit of a set back, master cylinder arrived dead out of the box, new one should be here in a couple days. Sorted insurance today, hopefully get a plate tomorrow. Installed the muffs yesterday! I wanted to go with something a little bit different, haven't seen a pair of these around yet and after a conversation with Cone Engineering these seemed to offer the tone I was looking for. Video coming soon, they sound awesome, really nice and deep tone.

Attachments

• IMG_9676.jpg
    IMG_9676.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 243
Happy freaking days! After 2 some odd years of wrenching on this thing I finally made some miles this weekend! Pretty much the best feeling ever getting this thing out into the wild.

Attachments

• IMG_9716.jpg
    IMG_9716.jpg
    328.7 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_9728.jpg
    IMG_9728.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 261
Sorry for the lack of updates lately, school is out for summer and have been running around with the family on a couple trips. Few little tweaks since last post, first ones kinda interesting. I ran my bike down to a local bike show some weeks ago and randomly a fella came up to me and proclaimed that he had a brand new in the box tank in my original cinnamon brown color that he might be willing to part with. Dropped by his place and sure enough he had a xs650 cinnamon brown tank brand new in the box, literally flawless minus a couple very faint smudges on the paint from rubbing against the cardboard over the last 40 some odd years. For a freakishly low price I wont dare to mention the tank was in my hands and on the bike. I am still dealing with a very minor stumble at about 70% throttle that I am going to tackle full on this week now that I have some free time. Otherwise she is running like a top, fires first kick, idles perfect and pulls like a beast and sounds really f'n sweet. Put about 700k on so far with out any hick ups at all. The wifey is a pro photographer so we are planning out a proper photo shoot now that the bike is more or less in its finished for now state. More coming soon.

Attachments

• IMG_9772.JPG
    IMG_9772.JPG
    428.9 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_9773.JPG
    IMG_9773.JPG
    426.8 KB · Views: 234
Are you in Calgary? If so have you got most of your parts online or do you have local sources? I'm driving out to van to pick up my first 2 xs's this weekend.. just want to make my projects as easy as possible.

Thanks

Back