Handlebar suggestions?

Very cool thanks for all the pics guys that is a huge help! I asked the same question the other day then I found this.

Will I need to buy shorter cables if I do the clubmans? I have a stock 1980 Special 650 with ram horns

-pyro

Last edited:
You can but not to many places make them. The cables for the standard bikes are an inch or so shorter than the Special cables on the high bars. Careful rerouting will help.
Getting the parts from Flanders or some other place that sells cable components and you can shorten yours or make new ones.
Leo

I ran clubmans upside down with stock cables. The don't bind up or stick out way too far out the front of the bike. I'd try the stock cables first to save a few bucks.

I tried the Euro bars 5twins bar. The bike handles better quicker steering. They are comfortable. I don't like welded bars they break at the welds if not welded properly. I had a 3" W bar break many years ago not fun.

Here are a few angle shots of my bars. Everything is stock (cables, hoses, master cyl, etc.)

Attachments

• IMG_1501.jpg
    IMG_1501.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_1502.jpg
    IMG_1502.jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_1503.jpg
    IMG_1503.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_1504.jpg
    IMG_1504.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 218
Anyone tried mountain bike bars? Wondering if the are strong enough? I don't see why they would be a bad idea.

i held some bike bars up to my bike i was way too lazy to try my race face atlas bars that required me taking them off my bike.
i ride mountain bikes and there are some very nice bike products out there the only problem would be mounting oversize bars to the motorcycle or maybe not enough mounting room for risers as the bicycle uses a stem

but i am glad i am not the only one thinking of bicycle bars

The BMX and Mountain bike bars with the smaller bar running across the top are probably stronger than most 7/8" motorcycle bars.

I've used many a pair of bicycle bars over the years-- no problem. The only concern is the location of and/or lack of knurling. Neither will bend while riding and both will bend when falling down. But crappy chrome might be an issue.

PS. You might have issues finding bicycle bars that are wide enough...
mountain bike bars are very wide the ones i run are 31" there are many this big that are marked with cutoff measurements too i thought about running mountain bike bars except for the oversize mounting diameter and lack of room for risers

Speaking of mirrors, are there any decent ones that allow a lot of adjustment, I have flipped upside-down Daytonas, narrowed by 2" each side and would rather not put a bar end mirror but would still like a little left hand view....

dime city cycles has some very unique and nice mirrors i may be using to replace the crap bar end mirror that came on my bike

Back