Handmade Leather Seats

Pov76

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
My name is Jim ( formerly LB Custom Leather ) and I make some of the best 100% hand made custom seat around. If your looking for credentials, Ive done a discovery channel build off, had my stuff in a ton of magazines blah blah blah, my work speaks for itself. I lost my business, website, and rights to my company name a few years ago to a shitty ex wife. Well, Im back on track, have an amazing supportive wife and a great bunch kids. Ive recently move all my stuff into my hospital like clean ( yeah ive already got busted on here..haha ) shop and Im back in business, although Im still working on a name, website, and my LLC. Im also a new XS650 addict. So...heres my deal. I do all of my work by hand, I dont believe in a sewing machine. My seats are hand cut, dyed, tooled, sewn, laced, edge finishing, or whatever else you can think of. I do all the work myself, nobody works for me. Im a perfectionist, I take my time, I make every seat as if it were going on my bike. Sometimes I fall in love and dont want to let them go, but I always do in the end. I can cover your pan, or I can supply a pan. I have a guy in GA, Paul aka Paco that makes me some killer aluminium pans, double/single shock, trim ring, a couple different shapes. I use the best quality material available. I can also do exotics, gator, stingray, Ive used hippo hide ( yes real hippo ). I would be happy to quote you a price, or just ask me what I have lying around. If Im bored I might pick up a pan and just make something, or use a piece of leather with a natural flaw ( character in my eyes) and cover a pan. I usually let these go for dirt cheap. I enjoy this work its a hobby, and it helps me build my bikes. Thanks for reading and looking....You can either PM me or call me 440-799-1836 if you need anything

DSC01731-2.jpg

DSC01739-1.jpg

DSC01730.jpg

DSC01700-1.jpg

DSC01699.jpg

DSC01341-1.jpg

DSC01342-2.jpg

Love the Stingray. When I was in Mexico a leather shop sold the pelts. After I saw one as a bike seat, I'm kicking myself for not buying one.

Just finished up this one....was a stock street bob solo seat. My version of aged leather wrapped in black buffalo.
photo-17.jpg

I like the shape of that seat.
You should see if your customer will get you some installed pictures to go with it.

And your shop blows me away, I would kill to have a work area like that to myself.

Overall you seem to put great time and quality in what you do.

Just finished up this one for the hell of it, insomnia is a bitch. Plain leather hand sewn seat has a natural flaw in it. Figured I would do something with the piece instead of throwing it out.
photo-21.jpg

photo-20.jpg

photo-24.jpg

Back