Harbor Freight TIG welders

Air monoshock from a GPZ900, remmy.

No, I really frikkin hated it. The night I took that picture was the first time I got a real good side view look at it. I hacked the seat off the next day. I'm refabbing that right now. Ugly AND uncomfortable. It did look great from an angle, the back and the front though.

Here's an example of a good motorcycle. Comfortable, cheap, and most importantly, no welding required. Some ignition box soldering I admit, but no welding.

View attachment 1759

If thats what I think I see there's a good chance your mono shock will fail in a miserable fashion.Thats a pretty dangerous setup and no I have to agree with teebs not a big fan of the seat setup nor will you be once you try to ride it. But it's all good sit back regroup and attack the project again after doing some more research.

What will happen to the monoshock? It was Teebs idea. Maybe I want my money back.

BTW, I've moved all these tool and fabricating threads that were in 'The Lounge' into 'The Garage'.. since there are both tool and fabricating categories there. :thumbsup:

Teebs, like I said, I don't disagree on the welders. As for your inimitable style, if you say its ALL tongue in cheek, I say you have a talent for making your statements seem anything but that.

You can be the finest builder in the world but when you start slamming someone else's work or talent or intelligence, slinging "Fuck", "Shit", "Stupid" and such, you lose your cred and become just another dick blowing away on the Internet.

But, you're just sayin, right? So it's okay.

Damn, I lost my cred? Awwwww... that sucks.

1408140580_b6b1eb5433_m.jpg

8 hours?? MY mom says 4 hours or I'll turn out to be a lazy, shiftless bastard. Well, she says I'm that last part anyway...

(Incidentally dude, I wasn't slamming your intelligence. I was disagreeing and joking around. Like I said.... way too sensitive.)

I know that. I didn't feel that you tried to slam my intelligence. I'm not sensitive. Why did you lose your "cred"?

That's wild the pictures were there last night. The code is still there. I think maybe the links aren't permanent links. Or maybe....

Yeah xj, I noticed when I quoted you that the link was still there. I copy-pasted just the address and it came up with an invalid link for some reason.

Tech, you should have known I wasn't talking to you. You're an insensitive ass. You think it's a regional thing?

there is a badass review of the HF tig welder over at thechopperunderground.. the conclusion was that for the price it can't be beat.

hey tech what part of NH are you in? I notice teebs is in the area too do you guys get together for any of the local rally's like bike week?

Back