Help a newbie on a road trip!

I'm home! The only part of the bike that failed is the shift spring, that's a drag but relatively small. Also I lost one glove, the second time I lost only one glove so now I have two matching left gloves. Awesome.

I tried to post pics but it isn't working for some reason, I'll try again later.

Thanks again everybody!!

fantastic!:thumbsup: what a trip ....800 miles and the only thing to go wrong is a spring ! amazing. That shop did a good job .

We want lots of pictures ..no excuses ok :laugh:

Sounds like you got a winner then!

For once!

This pic is from a scenic over look in Jersey. They get a lot of jokes but it's a beautiful lush place full of 2 lane mountain roads.

It's only letting me upload one pic at a time but I only have a few.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 148
Spitting a little oil, maybe it was overfilled? That's one of the reasons I changed it, so I could put less in and all the same brand. Don't know if anything change but I'll clean it and keep an eye on it now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 149
Amazing how safe I felt on the interstate, I think I almost died 5 times this morning taking my lady friend to work in Manhattan. That's the Brooklyn Bridge about a 1/4 mile in the distance.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 148
Congrats on the trip. I'm debating taking mine on something similar next weekend. Strange Days 5 is the 10-12 in NJ and I'm all the way at the top of VT. Just got the bike going this year hand have probably put 400+ miles on it with most of those being 80-120 a pop so it seems like it will hold up, but it still makes me slightly nervous and foolish since I have another bike I know can make it so I can't imagine how you felt.

Congrats on the trip. I'm debating taking mine on something similar next weekend. Strange Days 5 is the 10-12 in NJ and I'm all the way at the top of VT. Just got the bike going this year hand have probably put 400+ miles on it with most of those being 80-120 a pop so it seems like it will hold up, but it still makes me slightly nervous and foolish since I have another bike I know can make it so I can't imagine how you felt.

It's the classic either it will or it won't, but it probably will!

Back