Help identify XS 650

We,
That is the only Euro bike i have seen with that set up and the elongated guard. All the other Euro models were basically the same as other countries except some model colors went into other years and the smaller front rotors and lower caliper mounts on the front forks. The 75 had the caliper mounted on the rear of the 34mm forks in some countries.

MOSFET,
I see what your getting at now. I saw ownership papers before you removed them and i see your confusion. It does appear to be a 1st of July 79, (this is where the months sometimes lap over from the different years), registered bike making it an 80SE US Custom but the numbers do say it is the 350th off the line as an 81SE US Custom.

I have seen another model that had 2 different production no's in the ID chart and i have confirmation of the model in the 2 sets of no's. The model is of the same year though.

On your bike the ID chart separates the 80 and 81 into 2 different years. I am woundering if the bike come out in one form and was carried over and the ID chart that states there was an 81 is really an 80 and the prodution no's cary over into the next set.

The charts are not fool proof and over time as models are brought out into the public we can get these anomalies cleared up.

I need to do an update on the ID Sticky and will introduce the euro models i have found out about.

In the PDF ID chart in the ID sticky It has the
US XS650 78E 2F0-000101 to 006141 then another
XS650 78E below it 2F0-00651 to (020000).

I have confirmation of a US XS650 78E with the no 2F0-008*** ......so that makes the possibility of what i was saying about your bike running through 2 years and the 80 or 81 may not make a difference.
In one of the links i posted the guy stated his was an 81 US Custom and it has mag wheels and disk brake rear. ?????

Back