Help with value of an XS

To me it seems like a real good deal .But I know nothing that is why I am asking.The wiring looked a little sloppy to me as well But he said he used all the original wiring for good reliabilty :shrug:.Im sure that could be cleaned up pretty easy though? Any other things look off to you. Why can I not see the pics

The oil leak could be as simple retorquing the head.
I agree with tech7 and capt. zoom.
He'd like 5-6k, It's "worth" 3-4K in parts invoices, he'll probably take 2-2.5k to sell today.
What is your state law regarding lighting etc?
Does it have a clean title?
Have there been any improvements/mods to the motor? You've mentioned lottsa eye candy but the mechanics? At it's age and mileage a cam chain guide may be in the near future along with a push rod seal.
Sprockets, chain and your one brake what are their conditions?

You cant see the pictures because my internet sucks. But yeah, the wiring is sloppy. It could be cleaned up on your own if you are good with wiring. If not, there are companies who sell simple wiring harnesses for chops. I would be down to get it for $2800. If you don't, it may take a while being winter, but someone else will pay it.

You cant see the pictures because my internet sucks. But yeah, the wiring is sloppy. It could be cleaned up on your own if you are good with wiring. If not, there are companies who sell simple wiring harnesses for chops. I would be down to get it for $2800. If you don't, it may take a while being winter, but someone else will pay it.

Thanks Bro

I get little boxes with red x's. Usually when that happens I can right click the box then click show pic. Don't work sometimes. This is one of those times.

No pics, no links, no real description, basically no effort on your part. How hard is it to figure out how to post pics on here? Saying you don't want to post his asking price because you don't want to look stupid... makes you look... um... about twelve. But definitely not stupid.

Just sayin'...

No pics, no links, no real description, basically no effort on your part. How hard is it to figure out how to post pics on here? Saying you don't want to post his asking price because you don't want to look stupid... makes you look... um... about twelve. But definitely not stupid.

Just sayin'...

Sorry you feel that way,Its obvious you did not read the 1st post.No real description? There is a very detailed description.As far as the pics go I was upfront in saying I do not know how to post them.But did offer to send them via email. Which some very helpful members took me up on that offer.But I guessed you missed that part as well.As far as price I was looking for ball park figures first.This way people would think objectively about current market values and the mods I listed in the post before I just threw out a number. I then posted the bottom line price in post # 16 of this thread, after getting those base line numbers.I feel I made every effort that I could for members to help me decide if it was a good buy. But thanks for you very helpful input anyways.

Sorry, should have specified "no real description beyond cosmetic shit". In other words, what has been done to the bike MECHANICALLY (You know, the parts that make it run)? Which is a bit more important than a very detailed description of what it looks like... because a couple of PICTURES could solve that problem.

Again, how hard to learn how to post pics on here?

Noooo, you clearly stated in post #4 that the reason you didn't post the price is because you didn't want to look stupid if it was too much, while you thought it was a great deal. Frikkin numbskulls playing kiddie games... easily remedied by just figuring out how to post a few pics and saying "Hey, the dude wants a firm $2800, what do you guys think?"

For your future reading pleasure:

Posting messages and PICTURES

Again, just sayin'...

I also think it would have been more helpful for you to just post pictures and say "is $2800 about right for this bike"? And Teebs is 100% right, don't matter what the hell it looks like, it matters what is under the hood. I would have said F-no right after you said he kept the stock wiring for "reliability"

That teebs, yah gotta love 'im. It's all on how much you like the bike. If it gets you stiff it could be worth $4-5000. If it's not your cup of tea free might seem high. If you start changing it then it's only worth the parts you keep.

To me it would be worth the profit on the parts minus the cost of taking them out and getting rid of them :)

his invoices may add up to a certain number but the fact is...they are now used parts. Knock off at least 25-30% just for that. Original wiring more reliable...I think not...those wires are like 30 years old.

You might looked on ebay for XS bikes that did or didn't sell with a completed listings search. You can even narrow it to your general geographical area. Hope this helps!

Sorry, should have specified "no real description beyond cosmetic shit". In other words, what has been done to the bike MECHANICALLY (You know, the parts that make it run)? Which is a bit more important than a very detailed description of what it looks like... because a couple of PICTURES could solve that problem.

Again, how hard to learn how to post pics on here?

Noooo, you clearly stated in post #4 that the reason you didn't post the price is because you didn't want to look stupid if it was too much, while you thought it was a great deal. Frikkin numbskulls playing kiddie games... easily remedied by just figuring out how to post a few pics and saying "Hey, the dude wants a firm $2800, what do you guys think?"

For your future reading pleasure:

Posting messages and PICTURES

Again, just sayin'...
Hey thanks for the link on how to post pics.

LOL at the "kept stock wiring for reliability". There's only a handful of wires needed, really, and the old wiring harnesses almost always have issues.

A picture really is still worth a thousand words, even on the internets. :)

A decent bike as you describe should be worth somewhere in that range, but who knows without seeing it.

John

Hopefully this works.
DSCO1590
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Click on edit, then click on Go Advanced, then click on Manage Attachments, then click on Browse and find the pic on your computer with that. Then click Upload and the pic will appear in your post. Too many steps, ya, but that's how it ended up.

Click on edit, then click on Go Advanced, then click on Manage Attachments, then click on Browse and find the pic on your computer with that. Then click Upload and the pic will appear in your post. Too many steps, ya, but that's how it ended up.

Thanks I'll try again later gotta run.I know this seems easy for some, but not for me.I lived under power lines and ate lead paint chips as a kid.

Back