Help with value of an XS

Sometimes if the pic is too big it won't work right. On the manage attachments page there is a list of formats and how big they can be.
Took me awhile to get it straight. If I can post a pic then anyone can.

dsc01586o.jpg

dsc01587w.jpg

dsc01588g.jpg

dsc01589d.jpg

dsc01590w.jpg

Finally ditched Clearwire and got cable internet

the wiring looks pretty poor and that petcock looks a bit on the hardware store side. Also the monoshock seat doesn't look designed to last too long. Seat might start getting tippy if those bushings start to wear. Not my kind of paint job the quality doesn't look bad if that's your thing.

If I did like the paint the most I would pay would be around $1500. Since I don't like the paint that much the most I personally would pay is $800-900 which would probably insult the guy. But what can I say...I'd have to repaint the bike.

Last edited:
Well it has some nice features, but some glaring things stand out for me. That mono shock seat is not good. A rear drum and no front brake...gotta death wish? And the wiring is horrible. Why would someone go to the trouble of building this bike and leaving the wiring like that.....jeez. I am not to fond of the stock painted headlight or the home built petcock either. Now that being said there is a lot of potential there, just for me the change would cost a fair amount. I might pay around 1600-1800 for this as it sits. JMHO

Thanks XS Joel just went to try to post them again and see you already have done it .You guys are saying the same things that I had issues with.The wiring ,petcock and headlight.I like the paint so that is not a issue for me.I have a old 5 3/4 Headlight already.So what would it be to fix the wiring petcock 200.00 -400.00 if i did the work myself.I am also not a fan of the single mono shock seat ethier.

Yeah it's not a bad bike but I bet you could find better for $2,800. It will be a project He spent a lot of time polishing which is nice but It looks like a labor rich new parts poor type of build. Nothing wrong with that but it limits "value" also. I would want to look under the fork boots too. (for rusty tubes or leaky seals) I can't help wondering what fork boots are covering up when i see them!
Especially because many other rust prone parts have been sprayed flat black.
What's the title like? I am still trying to decide what kind of frame that is.

Last edited:
Yeah it's not a bad bike but I bet you could find better for $2,800. It will be a project He spent a lot of time polishing which is nice but It looks like a labor rich new parts poor type of build. Nothing wrong with that but it limits "value" also. I would want to look under the fork boots too. (for rusty tubes or leaky seals) I can't help wondering what fork boots are covering up when i see them!
Especially because many other rust prone parts have been sprayed flat black.
What's the title like? I am still trying to decide what kind of frame that is.

Its a Clear titled 1981 XS with a TC Bros hardtail.I agree lots of labor,plus some pretty pricey parts like the bars,rear tire and fuel sling.But after that its like he ran out of budget and used some low grade parts like the ones mentioned(wiring,petcock).

I look at the garage and have to guess he buys partial projects, more or less finishes them and sells them (um, that's me too!). Check the AGE (not tread wear) of that "expensive" rear tire. What's a 10 year old tire worth? Just a heads up yah know?

http://www.amadirectlink.com/roadride/Riderresc/tires.asp

Worth a "bookmark"

That tire is less than 2 yrs old Its a Coker WWW they go for about $200.00.His kids both race dirt bikes and he owns his own shop LBF Cycles.(Louder,Badder,Faster).Hence the big LBF on the side of the tank.If you google it you will see he was chosen to do a Metric Revolution Biker build off.He was given a gsxr 1000 and had to modify it.What this means I dont know.But it makes me feel a little better about the bike. :shrug:

Back