Hey check this out!

Mailman

Hardly a Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I just randomly came across this, it’s a 1/3 scale , 500+ piece, V-8 model motor. It’s electric powered and moves like it should. It looks like fun to build.

https://www.homewode.com/search?q=Model+V-8+engine

FBA267C5-2FB5-43F7-B9B9-956C7E5A7578.png
34F0AC55-EADB-4011-8650-1B85DC8F4E94.jpeg

That sounds right Jim. Sounded too cheap especially when they’re advertised as metal models. Just checked out their website. 7262 different products! If scammers, how can they continue to operate and have their websites up and active?

Last edited:
If scammers, how can they continue to operate and have their websites up and active?
Oh it'll get shut down eventually. That same day it'll be back up under a new name.
Fwiw, I created a fake name and addy so I could get to the payment page.... they take Paypal... full stop. No other credit cards, just Paypal. That's a huge red flag.

Oh it'll get shut down eventually. That same day it'll be back up under a new name.
Fwiw, I created a fake name and addy so I could get to the payment page.... they take Paypal... full stop. No other credit cards, just Paypal. That's a huge red flag.
Thanks for doing the legwork Jim.

Their website made my spidey sense tingle. So I googled 'em. Most places say they're a scam... products never get delivered.

A little more about this, yeah that website has to be completely bogus. However, the model is real and it is Chinese made and it’s actually pretty cool. It’s available from this more legitimate looking Chinese website for $700, you should have a look around in there, they’ve got some pretty fascinating models.

https://www.enginediy.com/

It is also available from Amazon, for considerably more.
77241E41-3D6D-4540-8D9C-30EF402B52A8.png

And lastly here is a pretty neat video of this motor being assembled in accelerated time.

Btw Bob, the engine's for real. It'll actually set you back about 700 bucks though.

Ha! 😆 Sorry Jim, I came back here and posted before reading the updated messages. Seems you’ve already discovered the same thing!

Back