high speed whoble

On the Dyna Beads It made a terrific improvement on my 75. The same on the 81.
It wasn't quite as large an improvement on the Harley, I think that is because of the tires. A $150 tire has better natural balance than a $75 tire.
I have them in my van tires too. The improvement over lead weights was very good.
I mount my own tires on everything I own. The Dyna Beads work very well. Being inside a tire, or tube, there are no corrosion marks on the wheels. On a plain steel wheel it's not such a big thing but on a high dollar mag it can be important.
I know some shops that do bike tires do have spin balancers that work just like car balancers but are designed for bike wheels. The last one I saw many years ago was spun by hand but was very much the same a car balancer.
5twins, have you ever tried Dyna Beads? Some of the liquid tire sealer/balancer don't have as good a reputation. I can't recommend any of them for a street bike. I have used Tire Slime in dirt bike tires, off road you are more apt to get punctures.
And yes you can remove the beads from one tire to another. Easy in a tubeless tire. After you remove the tire just scoop them out and put in the new tire.
On tubes I just cut the tube open to get the beads out.
For anyone more interested go to www.innovativebalancing.com. Read up a bit.
Leo

Back