high volume oil pump

whats wrong with the one u have? wouldnt any higher presssuer just go thru the bypass?

Nothing just looking at options. I really like the xsjohn top end engine cooler. I am boring the cylinder for for the 700 pistons. Looking to keep an already hot engine slightly cooler.

XSjohns cooler is one way to help cool the engine. The one thing about it was it only cooled the oil to the head. It didn't do much for the rest of the oil. Modifing the right side cover so all the oil goes through the cooler is much more effective.
Many have done this mod, myself included. It drops the oil temp 40 to 50 degrees and the cylinders and head temps drop about 35 to 40 degrees and evens the left right differences out.

I have one but have not run the motor so don't have any feedback yet. I do have the RH casing machined for the full oil cooler set up as well tho.

The oil pump is higher volume but does that mean it is also higher pressure??

In theory it should make more pressure.
In an engine that uses babbit type bearings, like a car, then yes it will make more pressure.
In an engine like our 650 with open roller and ball bearings the increase may not be as much. Nothing to hold back the increased flow, so not much to increase the pressure.

Back