honda superdream rectifier wiring diagram for use on my xs650

xs650phil

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hi,im in the UK ,many years ago i owned several xs650s all with superdream rectifiers and had no problems.Now 20 years later i have another xs and having trouble remembering the wiring, superdream is as follows 3 yellow to the alternator ,1 red to the positive on the battery also fitted a inline fuse,1 green to battery earth ,1 black to the "on" side of the ignition switch,the Yam wires are 3 whites (alternator) one black one green,i think the black is the earth ,and the green im not sure about can anyone show me a diagram or point me in the right direction?I have fitted new carbon pick up brushes this week i dont know if the rectifier/regulator(superdream) is faulty i have another on its way,just could do with someone to chat to about it!!Thanks in advance.Phil.

Hi,so where does the green wire go to with my superdream set up?Is the brown wire seperate from the block connector at the alternator end? Thanks for your help.

Hi the green wire off the alternator block!And the brown would run where?The light blue is the neutral light is that correct?Got to go to work now ,afternoon /early evening shifts i will be back on the forum later.Thanks again.Phil.

On only the 80-83 models does 'switched on' go to the inner brush. Earlier models, you'll have to dig for a brown wire.

In the forum's Tech Section > Electrical you'll find wiring diagrams for all models...

Back