Hot Cylinder Legend

rpw3rd

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I have owned a xs650 for about 10 years now and have made some mods to it. (Check Dick's Bobber Pic's) I read a lot of discussion posts on this bike and have run into a statement that seems to excepted at face value, and never questioned. I found it today on this site while looking for carb tuning info. Here it is: Click on TECH at the top of the page. As Travis stated, the right side (cylinder) does run hotter naturaly.... Does everyone believe this and if so, why?
Dick

http://thexscafedotcom.wordpress.com/2011/02/12/xs650-engine-temp-rhs/

Thank You for hosting all this Vernon

If you have any further questions Trav , Gary , Dick (grizld1) or I can elaborate but it pretty much sums it up . Being a single digit midget (first time poster) I dragged the information over here from the 'cafe because even if the information is here (actually archived in 'rider I believe) you need all the sources of information you can get .
As far as Believing it goes it's fact . It's been proven independently many times over . (even in my alcoholic 750's) . The infrared guns are cheap now verify it yourself . Does everyone believe it ? No , some still fly in the face of established empirical data and profess their anecdotal experience as fact without supporting evidence .

Most of us greybeards were on 'rider and are at the garage and elsewhere . There is a learning curve to the XS but it isn't steep and many have gone before you so the path isn't as difficult as you may think . When the embedded search engine fails you turn to google as in < site:www.xs650.com moron > in the search bar will get it done here or any other related site .

R.I.P. John and thanks for all the fiche .

~kop

Back