How do you remove tank badges on TX650

TX650Yamaha

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how to remove the tank badges on a 1973 TX650 without damaging the tank or the badges? I'd like to have the tank repainted with new decals but will need to remove the badges to do so. Prefer not to dent the tank.

I just went to boats.net and looked in the parts fiches and the badges on a 73 tank are held on by two small screws. Remove the screws and the badges come right off.
Leo

the 73 badgers have pegs not screws which is why most 2nd hand ones have broken or bent pegs.all you can do is gentily pry them off and keep your fingers crossed.if you do brake 1 off epoxy works.the badgers are only a pressed fit onto the tank

That's what I was afraid of. No screws so I figured it had to be taken of with a pry bar of som kind. I guess worse case scenario I fill in the holes and go with decals.

If its anything like car badges, heat it up with a heat gun or even a hair dryer and run a piece of dental floss behind it to cut it free of the adhesive.

if you do decide to go with the decals dont toss the badgers away.you can get the new repos for every model except the 73.they are going to get rare as hens teeth (even damaged) in the coming years.even better send them to me.

Back