how low is to low?

honcr249

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im on my first build and Im beginning to think I may be to low, how low is your bike? Pics?

Mine is about as low as I can go. I scrape both sides if I push it in corners. My shocks are set on the highest preload also.
full

i got about 4.25 at the lowest point. ive scrapped my solid mounted pegs a few times. currently redoing them this winter. peg/brake linkage will play a big part. if your scarred of it make sure you have pegs that fold up.

you know that your low and might drag. just ride knowing that they are there. dont go into a sharp corner too hot. test your limitations in a parking lot so when you catch its not that big of a deal.

i dropped mine 3" and it's pretty low. I would echo what cros36 said...test the limitations. My pegs fold up.

Consider how much not being able to tighten a turn limits your avoidance options.
True story: put rebel rear shocks and dropped the forks about 3/4" on an 81 special. Rode it to town, threw up a spark shower making a turn blending into traffic from a stop sign. Went home and changed it back to to stock height.

Back