How to fit a sportbike front end to a xs650 frame?

hi guys,,,, fitting a sports type front/rear..... if you go to the aussie xs650 web site and look at improvements and xs650 pics sent to them 1 guy has slung a xs650 motor into a complete r1 ,,, and another has done the same and also reg /riding it.. another guy ,,,, i think in the netherlands has a gsxr front complete with wheels alloy tank and gsx swingarm and dual exhaust just under the seat ,,,it looks fantastic... i can only but dream.... well worth a look at .. a guy i,ve met in maffra has put a xs650 into a rolling early gsxr frame it was a complete rolling frame from a swap meet... and thats on the aussie web site as well ... hope this helps you regards oldbiker

Got tired of searching so I figured I would just go ahead and ask...

I know it can be done, yamaha_chop has one on his build but what has to be done in order to fit a sport bike front end to a xs650 frame? Does the year matter? What bike it comes off of? modifications that need to be done?

Thanks in advance

Like this one?

Attachments

• fender 2.JPG
    fender 2.JPG
    226.3 KB · Views: 280
  • 100_1697.JPG
    100_1697.JPG
    237.1 KB · Views: 418
I machined upper and lower triple clamps and just used the stock steering stem. I had to lengthen it a touch. Zx636r forks.

100_0502.jpg

I machined upper and lower triple clamps and just used the stock steering stem. I had to lengthen it a touch. Zx636r forks.

100_0502.jpg

That is bad ass looking! I am wanting to do a frot end swap and use stock front brakes and mag wheel but I do not know if I will be able to pull this off.

As has been said, you can just about fit anything to anything. Currently I'm building a road special,
Suzuki GS750 frame
Yamaha Thundercat engine
Suzuki Bandit wheels
Radiator + oil cooler off Yam FZR1000.
This involves some fairly major frame surgery to get the carbs to fit.

Back