How to fix a screw-up installing a Pamco

Jadga

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Ok folks I had a brain fart! I guess if I had one others have also had them while installing a Pamco.
I put a brass bushing on the right side. Guess what? The shaft would not rotate! In fact it would not even go in all the way.
This is why they have a steel bushing for that side! DAH!!!
Ok it is fixable. Wen you quit cussing get a 1/4" cold chisel and cut about a 1/4" section out of the bottom. Pry that out. Careful it does not fall in the cam shaft!!!
Then pry one end of the rest and grab it with some needle nose pliers and yank it out.
Do the V-8 head slap. Have another beer (the beer may have been the cause of the problem) and install the steel bushing!
Amazing how well it works if you follow instructions!

If all else fails---read the instructions---if Mike XS sent any!

The Pamco install instructions are on the Pamco website. In the paperwork that came with the Pamco there should have been a line or two mentioning this.
If not go to the site, www.yamahaxs650.com
Read the instructions.
Leo

The Pamco install instructions are on the Pamco website. In the paperwork that came with the Pamco there should have been a line or two mentioning this.
If not go to the site, www.yamahaxs650.com
Read the instructions.
Leo

Hi XS Leo there was no paper work i have installed the everything but the wires from the conderser orange and grey and the wires from the other coil what do i do with them there are two red/white wires but the diagram shows red wire from pamco to the same terminal as red/white wire
what i have done is join the two red /white wires from the loom which went to each coil when it had two now i have just the one coil now dual port is that right... i have not connected the battery yet need to make sure i do this right will take a picture and post
Also the online instructions say to use the standoff dowels to mount the coil but there is now where for it to go the picture must be another model, need help :doh:

Hi XS Leo there was no paper work i have installed the everything but the wires from the conderser orange and grey and the wires from the other coil what do i do with them there are two red/white wires but the diagram shows red wire from pamco to the same terminal as red/white wire
what i have done is join the two red /white wires from the loom which went to each coil when it had two now i have just the one coil now dual port is that right... i have not connected the battery yet need to make sure i do this right will take a picture and post
Also the online instructions say to use the standoff dowels to mount the coil but there is now where for it to go the picture must be another model, need help :doh:

the 2 power wires from ignition switch the went to the 2 coils will now go together and to the red wire on the Pamco and one side of the coil the green wire from the Pamco goes the the other side of the coil black wire on Pamco goes to ground.
Or like Pete said below

I answered this question in your other post. Use one of the red / white wires to power the coil. Use the other red / white wire to power the red wire going to the PAMCO.

There are a few suggested ways to install the coil on the web site www.yamahaxs650.com. You will have to be a little creative, but if you just want to get the engine running with the PAMCO, just tie wrap the coil to something convenient for now until you get it all sorted out.

Back