Pics

Attachments

• CEA936C2-F1CE-4B2E-B281-A018FB323165.jpeg
    CEA936C2-F1CE-4B2E-B281-A018FB323165.jpeg
    370.5 KB · Views: 100
  • 3E651B1C-A472-4BD3-8DA0-5A1FBFD5AD12.jpeg
    3E651B1C-A472-4BD3-8DA0-5A1FBFD5AD12.jpeg
    352.5 KB · Views: 97
There are two bushings in each side. The inner one may be brass but I think the outer one is steel. It's also rather special in that it has grooves cut in it's I.D. to hold grease. The advance rod rotates inside the cam a little bit and this keeps it lubed .....

GreaseGrooves.jpg

I Once did that removing --- If I remember right like this
Cant remeber why I did it. Perhaps a Boyer Bransden installation
There are groves in the bushing I made a small ring of soft steel wire ..Inserted that in the groove
like a circlip
Then from the the other end I inserted a socket with about the same diameter as the inside diameter
Pushing that in until it stopped against the soft steel wire ring
Then with a rod landing on the socket .. Hammer Smashing it out

I think an internal bearing puller is what most use. But like I said, I don't see the need to remove them unless maybe the new timing rod needs bushings with a different I.D.

IIRC I had a cam with worn out"cams" someone needed bushings. Think I just used a long rod slightly smaller than the bushing ID for the first set. gently tapped around the outside by angling the rod in the other bushing. second bushing use a larger rod or correct socket on an extension and just drive em out.

Except in TCI motors which omit these parts, there are two inserts in each end of the cam. The outer one is a grooved steel "labyrinth seal" and the inner is a plain steel bushing. I use a blind hole puller consisting of an expanding collet on a slide hammer.

Back