Hybrid xs650

Old thread, I know, but I'm thinking along a different line. I'll start with facts we know. Also, I'm not supporting anybody's system/generator or whatever it is you call it. Besides, this is the only HHO thread I found so why start a second HHO thread?

Facts: (I think.)
*Without a doubt, HHO systems use more energy than they produce.
*The solution is corrosive but the gas is not corrosive. A well built HHO system will keep the solution away from the carbs and the rest of the engine.
*Over the course of a day's riding the HHO system will kill the battery on our XSs because the charging system cannot keep up. At which point the motorcycle dies.
*For most of us, most of our trips on our XSs are short-- I think.
*HHO is a clean fuel and increases horsepower.
*HHO in itself, increases fuel mileage. (Meaning, if we don't count the energy required to make it.)
*Electricity from the grid is cheaper than gasoline.
*Our XSs should be getting 50+ miles per gallon if properly tuned. (Mine does on a good day.)

What if one were to use a small deep-cycle battery that is entirely separated from the XS electrical system (tucked away in a saddlebag perhaps?) and used the HHO system for short trips or until the deep-cycle battery goes dead and then recharged the deep-cycle battery via the electrical grid. Would/could an HHO system then be a positive, worthwhile investment?

I was thinking about this today as I'm cleaning an old Sportster tank using electrolysis and the gas produced as a byproduct of the cleaning is HHO.

Back