Hydraulic Clutch Conversion - Any Interest?

the kit looks great! any chance this would work with a different lever/MC setup? this one looks good with the stock XS stuff blend so well with my setup.

the kit looks great! any chance this would work with a different lever/MC setup? this one looks good with the stock XS stuff blend so well with my setup.

While it is possible, I've tried MANY different master cylinder combinations, and this one has proven the most versatile... You can always experiment, but for now, I can only offer the complete kit. :thumbsup:

PS, with some TLC, you can remove the black and polish this lever for a nice alloy look as well :D

Payment sent. Thanks Hugh. This is exactly what my wife needs for a little additional confidence on the xs. Came out at the right time too since I'm about 2/3 done cleaning up the motor before reinstalling it.

Hugh I just ordered your hydraulic clutch. Can you put the PMA sticker in with the clutch? If not it is ok, I will send you an self addressed envelope. Thanks Tony C

Oh man...that is a thing of beauty. I hope you have a lot of them in stock, and can keep getting them. I just bought new shocks, and made a deal for a cafe seat. Sadly, I'll have to wait a bit before I can order mine. Rest assured though, I WILL be ordering 2 of these.

This is a must have! Do you offer the upgraded clutch springs with hardware also? I wouldn't hesitate for a second to order them through you if so.

Oh, and how about that 8-plate clutch conversion while were at it? To complete the set, you know.... :D

Can't wait for the postman to bring it. Now to pose a question. If this is mounted on a jockey shift vertical, not horizontal, will it still work?

Last edited:
Hugh...

I can't see the pics at work, sadly, but I have read through the instructions, and this looks fantastic! Early on, when you first started this, I had expressed interest, and since I'm retiring soon, I may just have the time to undertake this. As luck would have it, in the interim I recently replaced my lever and perch and got my bike shifting quite well, but neutral's still a little shy, and first can be a bit ethereal :p , so there is still the incentive to go the "Hugh Route".

Do you think these kits will be reasonably accessible in the near term? I'm excited about a kit that apparently does not require me to do a lot of machining on my side cover.

Thanks very much for this. Can't wait to get home and see the pics!

Edit: One other quick question, Hugh...

In order to maximize the adjustability of my clutch, I had added a Mike's cable adjuster (stock type, as at the lever perch) to the side cover-end of the cable. I had to tap threads in the existing side cover hole (referenced in your instructions) so that the adjuster could thread in. Would you happen to know whether your slave cylinder threads are perchance the same as those on a stock cable adjuster barrel, or would I have to find another way to secure the slave cylinder?

Thank you!

TC

Last edited:
Just ordered mine on your website. Super pumped:thumbsup:

Been struggling with the clutch adjustment and finding neutral at a stop. Hope this helps

Thanks for putting this package together! I just went through your nicely detailed installation instructions to see what's involved. Then I placed my order.

By the way...I scored a 2.5 on your bike knowledge to beard calculator gizmograph.

Hugh...

I can't see the pics at work, sadly, but I have read through the instructions, and this looks fantastic! Early on, when you first started this, I had expressed interest, and since I'm retiring soon, I may just have the time to undertake this. As luck would have it, in the interim I recently replaced my lever and perch and got my bike shifting quite well, but neutral's still a little shy, and first can be a bit ethereal :p , so there is still the incentive to go the "Hugh Route".

Do you think these kits will be reasonably accessible in the near term? I'm excited about a kit that apparently does not require me to do a lot of machining on my side cover.

Thanks very much for this. Can't wait to get home and see the pics!

Edit: One other quick question, Hugh...

In order to maximize the adjustability of my clutch, I had added a Mike's cable adjuster (stock type, as at the lever perch) to the side cover-end of the cable. I had to tap threads in the existing side cover hole (referenced in your instructions) so that the adjuster could thread in. Would you happen to know whether your slave cylinder threads are perchance the same as those on a stock cable adjuster barrel, or would I have to find another way to secure the slave cylinder?

Thank you!

TC

I'm not Hugh but worst case scenario you have to install a thread insert.

Becareful if you remove the reservior cap to bleed the system. When I removed mine I ended up cracking the cap when re-installing. My fault for overtightening but the cap is plastic so be careful.

I was super bummed, but like always Hugh hooked me up:thumbsup:

Back