I Hate Frauds!

littlebill31

Smells of Raw Fuel
Reaction score
Not to hijack Jayel's post:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180616955547&fromMakeTrack=true

This guy states an all original, 100% British bike. Numbers matching and modified engine.
BS!!! I hate frauds. :mad: Either he doesn't know or is scamming people. I got ripped off a few years ago on ebay. I bought a car and when I drove 1,200 miles to get it, the engine was not the one in the picture. It was the same type and size, but was all rusty. The pic was of a beautiful, clean engine. Ebay didn't do a damn thing. I got my money back after threatening a lawyer, but still wasted time and gas.
I did send this guy a nice message, really. " You state that this is a 100% Royal Enfield motorcycle, but the engine looks like a Yamaha. Could you clear that up for me?".
I bet he doesn't reply.
I would hope someone else would ask a similar question.
That shit absolutely burns me up!!!!!!!

How thew hell are you supposed to shift...Wow, if he didn't ham up with the 100% shit, I wouldn't have reported him. I can't believe this is at $5k.

Ya, I saw the shifter. Looks to be at the wrong angle, oh but the engine is modified, maybe that's it.
I really dislike when people take advantage of others. Someone might not know and waste a ton of money.

Yous guys are awful excited about this..... I would guess anyone buying an old Royal Enfield is going to know that isn't the original engine. I mean who would buy an old British bike for more than $4,000 without having some idea of what was what? Look at the XS650s that are sold on flea bay for big bucks that aren't "stock"

I kinda like it myself. At least from what can be told from pics, it's a well-done project.... shifter aside. If someone can pay $5k for an xs650 chop, why not this? And I agree with Gary about the buyer knowing what he is getting... and if not, well; caveat emptor. Don't be stupid on eBay.

I have no life, so this is exciting to me. Plus I just found out a truck I sold 2 months ago was involved in a serious hit and run today. No injuries, but property damage. Another reason I keep all paper work. I get to go to the State police barracks now.

Cant stand frauds! Few years ago I drove 3 hours to pick up a '78 VW Scirocco and it wasn't even the same car in the pics the guy sent to me. Interior was used as an ashtray and the whole damn car was fallin apart. Ah well, lesson learned.

I went to get an all original '62 sliding rag top bug. '63 was the last year and this guy had it for a deal. I was the first call. I drove about 4 hours to get it, with a big trailer. Wasted a lot of gas. He was living in a road side motel and this place was disgusting. The title didn't match the VIN, the engine was just a block, and it wasn't a rag top. He had bought a broken rag top assembly that was worthless and cut a whole in the roof. I almost shit! When I told him of my displeasure he started getting pretty mad. Apparently he was doing me a favor by waiting because several other people wanted it. What a jerk off. All he had was a rust bucket with a hole in the roof. Fast forward about 10 years. We drove by his place going on a trip and the bug was still there. Probably wasn't even his.

Back